The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm on my way...


As I've mentioned, I have started this journey already. I have an incredible camera, a tripod. I have the spotter training complete. I am signed up for digital photography classes, and hopefully, they can teach me the best way to use my camera to get that elusive lightning shot... One can hope. I know some of the cool radar sites. I have access through my work to some amazing mapping software. I will meet soon with a Ham Radio instructor, and hopefully, my hubby and I can be certified in that, so we can communicate while I'm out and about.... chasing (insert evil grin here) Eventually, I will have GPS and a wireless notebook, but that's down the line. I have to take this one step at a time, and I need to be cautious. I wish only that I had someone to guide me through this.

Weather Outlook today for South Central per NWS:

ONLY ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING...MAINLY CROSS THE SOUTHEAST FLORIDA BIG BEND. WIDESPREAD SEVERE WEATHER OR FLOODING IS NOT EXPECTED...BUT A STORM OR TWO COULD BRIEFLY APPROACH SEVERE LEVELS. NEAR RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURES APPROACHING 100 DEGREES ARE FORECAST TODAY. THE RELATIVE HUMIDITY WILL BE RATHER LOW THIS AFTERNOON SO THE HEAT INDEX WILL NOT BE MUCH HIGHER THAN THE ACTUAL AIR TEMPERATURE. HOWEVER...NORMAL PRECAUTIONS SHOULD BE TAKEN TO GUARD AGAINST HEAT STRESS.

Not a Chase Day. Nothing to see here. The picture is from this morning...

~Dewdrop