The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, October 26, 2006

THE FIRST MAJOR SEVERE WEATHER OUTBREAK

FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY... INGREDIENTS APPEAR TO BE COMING TOGETHER FOR THE FIRST MAJOR SEVERE WEATHER OUTBREAK OF THE FALL SEASON.

That is probably the most awesome thing I have ever read. Does it make anyone else feel nearly as excited as it makes me feel? Heavy breathing, heart racing... whew... When will it impact us? FRIDAY EVENING OVER SOUTHWEST AND SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA. Grrr... That should sufficiently kill any chances of heading out to Moody for the scary stuff. Bummer, but what an opportunity! Heart still pumping. SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS LIKELY ON FRIDAY. Slow deep breaths... it doesn't get much better than that, or does it? I guess it will be a whole lot better when I have all the gear I need to safely chase. First, I will be getting two handheld radios. Need to talk to some of the VARC folks to see what type. Then, we'll be cooking with Crisco.


I took some great pics yesterday after work just outside my office before heading to a dinner at church. This one reminded me the sky up north when it was cold. It looks cold, doesn't it?






I also took one of the sky this morning. I was struck by the coloring in the clouds surrounding the sun. Sort of like a rainbow, but not quite. I am so glad to see clouds again (I have missed them in all this blue sky - not fun to take pics of blue skies), and my eyes are glad that the moisture is returning to the air. These dry conditions are horrible on contact lenses. OUCH! I don't know how people up north can wear them, lots of fake tears, I suppose.

Blogger is really irritating me this morning. I have tried now 6 times to upload pics. grumble, grumble, grumble...

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...