The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I wish it would rain down...

Another North Georgia shot...




So, Thursday is our next shot at getting strong to severe thunderstorms, with potential for strong straight line winds and large hail. Would you believe that I have never experienced hail? I don't really want to experience hail. Large hail though, I might actually get the opportunity to use my spotter certification and call the NWS. We've had that same forecast many a time, and yet, here I am 30 something without having experienced hail, nor have I seen or heard a tornado, or even heard a tornado siren. Most people would be pleased with that, not me.

We did once have a tornado strike about 1/4 of a mile from the house, but that's it. I did damage assessment for the ARC after Hurricane Jeanne, and walked through some flooded houses. That was sad. Saw lots of houses with trees inside... I'd be happy to chase it, wouldn't want to experience it close to home though.

I told LL that during next year's hurricane season, we are going to intercept a hurricane... maybe. This season has been so pathetic, who knows what next year will be like, but we will be chasing a storm, even if we have to go to Bermuda... (well, probably not Bermuda in light of the cost of our upcoming Vegas trip, but if we have a Florida hurricane, we are so there.) I actually experienced Hurricane Grace years ago while I lived up near Boston, but it was a Cat. 1. Didn't do much for me. The beach was evacuated and somebody died, but who climbs on the breakers during a hurricane?! They're just asking for it...

Anyway, since I am babbling about what isn't... I'll get to work.

Oops, almost forgot to mention, but that picture I took of darling daughter that is being used in a local campaign involving brochures, posters, pledge forms, and billboards... Guess what...it was the cover of an insert in the local paper... We pulled up at the school, and the assistant principal said, "Girl, you are all over the paper today!!!" I am published... no by-line, no money, but I AM PUBLISHED, all over the place!!! Woohoo! Go me! And if I don't say so myself, the picture rocks! It is so awesome to see a picture of my darling daughter that I took all over the place. How many people see their photograph on billboards???

Laters,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...