The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Charity...

OK, moments like what happened earlier challenge me because I am inclined to judge and wonder, but I maintain faith and know that God has his reasons, so to Him, I resign myself. Let me set it up... Thanksgiving collection at the office to provide for a needy family. We get a family... the husband had commit adultery contracted AIDS, passed it to his wife, died and now she's terminally ill with it... 4 kids... We go to the house with this basket and turkey, a bunch of meals and all the fixins. Upon entering, the house had a powerful marijuana scent. Behind us about a 50" flat screen TV. In the corner, a computer, two printers, and a high speed connection... She wouldn't let us put the food in the kitchen. She told us she was hospitalizable with a horrible cold, but she talked the whole time without difficulty about how deathly ill she was... and sneezed only twice. I have to have faith that that food will provide for those children. I have to have faith that God has a plan, that we did that and experienced that for a reason...

Update: Well, I have gotten two calls from the charity family's "Case Manager" who was "assigned to the family" by the judge in town. The case manager, however, works for an organization that that judge's office has never heard of.... interesting. She wanted me to know how hard it is on the family... how they need help, and they are so glad we helped and would we just keep in touch with them?? I DON'T THINK SO!!! SCAM!!! SCAM!!!! SCAM!!!!

On a brighter note, I got my Daughtry CD, and let me just tell you, he rocks! His singing voice sends chills down my spine. Very few singers have that affect on me, but a powerful singing voice... love it. Of course going into the CD section is never a good idea for me. While I was there, I couldn't resist JOsh's new CD, Awake. Since I adore Josh Groban (another one that gives me chills), I simply had to get his CD. I am actually a member of his fan club... no lie. Finally, I picked up Rascal Flatts. I actually saw them in concert. Awesome! ;-)

Better get...
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...