The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!



I work in a VERY old building. It was built back in the days when they didn't have an appreciation for the value of natural light. Around the side and front perimeter, the only source of natural light is through a 2 1/2 foot window placed along the building's ceiling. My office happens to be on the back side of the building, so my only view is that of a concrete wall... talk about a storm chaser's nightmare... I can't even see the sky during the day... Well, yesterday, as I was walking down the hallway at about 5:15, I looked out the west facing windows to see an orange glow. The sun was setting and casting a beautiful light... So what did I do? I grabbed my camera (Rule #5 in storm chasing is to always carry a camera, and let me tell you, I do!!) and I started snapping away. I got some great shots... the colors were amazing. Hubby and I didn't agree on which were the best, but I'll share some in this post. You decide which ones you like the best...


We got nothing... some rain last night perhaps, but nothing to speak of... Interesting reports regarding that storm though... Thundersnow in the Carolinas... Snow in Savannah and Orlando!!!! Snow in Orlando! What?! Well, if this isn't the freakiest weather we have ever had... craziness, I tell you, outright craziness...

Well, the saga continues... I might have found out why I was put in the position that I was with that "needy" family... You see, when that "case manager" called me yesterday, I caught them in a lie... Their fraudulence was revealed, so we went to the source... the agency that received the initial call regarding this "needy" family and told them exactly what we saw when we delivered the food, heard when talking to the various parties, and learned, which led to our suspicions of fraud. I am so glad that we did because due to the nature of the sad story, they were about to adopt that family on a large scale (huge corporate sponsors) and donate huge amounts of things to them. Our experience will give them the insight to check deeper into the validity of that story (the family) and make sure it's a legitimate story (Sadly, it has been confirmed now that this woman and her case worker are the same person... and she is trying to scam us.) and make sure that the generosity is better spend on a truly needing family. I know with certainty that for every one fraud, there are 100 truly needy people being helped, so I will continue to give, give with everything I've got, but when there's doubt, don't, (which just so happens to be Rule #3 in storm chasing...) Hopefully, by pointing out our experience, we have redirected resources to better use. It's in God's hands now.

I don't know what the next few days will hold for me and my blog... I might end up going through severe withdrawals, but I leave this wish for all my adoring fans... I hope you have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving and that the Lord graces you with the ability to see and appreciate all that you are blessed with.


And Hubby's favorite sunset pic:


Happy Thanksgiving!!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...