The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sure, let's be atypical...

Well folks, it's cold outside... my tootsies are like icicles. The cold front moved in quickly last night, with only a light misting preceding it. Funny, while it was misting on the windshield, hubby asked, "so you think it will rain?", to which I responded, NO! I told him that the mist would be all that we would see. We did get some outrageous wind though. I hate it when it's really windy at night because the leaves blowing around set off all the motion detector activated lights on our house and our neighbors', and that scares the bejeebers out of me, when I am wandering around inside and suddenly the outside lights pop on. Anyway, the wind has settled down, but the cold settled in. It's 45 degrees outside... Brrr...

As for the weather...
WEDNESDAY: WE COULD HAVE A THREAT FOR SEVERE WEATHER AS A SQUALL LINE PASSES THROUGH THE FA(Forecast Area). VERY FAVORABLE KINEMATIC ENVIRONMENT WILL BE IN PLACE FOR SEVERE WEATHER ACROSS A LARGE PORTION OF THE DEEP SOUTH AND THE SERN STATES MID-LATE WEEK. BUT...IT DOES NOT APPEAR THE WAVELENGTHS BETWEEN EARLY WEEK DISTURBANCES AND THE STRONG TROUGH WILL BE SUFFICIENT FOR A PROLONGED/STRONG INFLUX OF QUALITY GULF MOISTURE INLAND THAT WOULD BE INDICATIVE OF A TYPICAL NOVEMBER SEVERE WEATHER OUTBREAK. NONETHELESS...AT LEAST MODIFIED GULF MOISTURE SHOULD BE IN PLACE AHEAD OF THE STRONG COLD FRONT FOR THE THREAT FOR SOME ORGANIZED SEVERE TSTMS. ATTN...IT APPEARS THAT THE PRIMARY SEVERE THREATS SHOULD BE ACROSS THE SRN PART OF THE OUTLOOK. Exciting, while at the same time disappointing... heaven forbid we should have a "TYPICAL NOVEMBER SEVERE WEATHER OUTBREAK". That would be far too typical. The most disturbing part to me is that the bulk of it will be moving through at night. I can't chase at night... poor visibility drops to zero visibility; you can't see structure at all. A tornado could be over me, and I'd have absolutely no idea. Flash floods become invisible. There's the whole matter of me having trouble seeing roads at night in normal weather conditions. My camera stops taking usable pics at night (major issue with digital camera, but I don't even have film anymore...). There's no value in it, and it's extremely dangerous.

Danger + Nothing to see + No photo opps = NO CHASE... There, don't say I never taught you any math. Rule #2 on this one folks... live to chase another day. Momma didn't raise no fool.

Last night, hubby and I went to see "Stranger than Fiction" with Will Ferrell. It was an interesting movie, far-fetched, but an interesting perspective into the world of authors. Some comedy, some romance... Will Ferrel's expressions are hysterical to me, or maybe he just looks funny... Afterward, I got a Chai Tea Latte from Books-A-Million. It was one of the best I have had in a while. Yum!

Well, that's all I have for now. I'm looking forward to Wednesday. It'll be fun to watch on GR at least... maybe...

Eagerly awaiting severity...
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...