The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, December 04, 2006

Jack Frost nipping at my toes...


Red Flag Warning... Freeze watch... good grief... I thought we were in our fall season... I'm not digging all these winter-like conditions. Cold arctic air coming. No! I'm not ready... I won't ever be ready... that is why I live in South Georgia... hello?

I watched this morning on the news, the story about southern California's fires. They showed people hosing their houses down, but those Santa Ana winds are blowing that fire all over. It was pretty incredible video footage, but how tragic the loss of property, especially right here at Christmas time. My hearts goes out to the families dealing with the wild fires out there.

Well, it seems that Christmas is coming whether I am ready or not, so I have resigned myself to getting myself ready... Yesterday, we set up our tree and took down all the decorations. The tree was a breeze... we got one of the pre-lit trees that goes up in three easy steps... well, it wasn't exactly three easy steps, but it was darn close, and it looks beautiful... so real looking... real trees put me in the ER because of my allergies... so fake trees will have to do for us. What a strange tradition though, putting a pine tree in your living room... whose idea was that anyway? Today, we'll decorate the tree and the inside of the house. Fun... (not really) At least the freezing temps should help me get in the spirit... I am picturing hot cocoa and gingerbread cake, both with cool whip on top... mmmm... No point in breaking with tradition, right?

I do have some great news... Hubby's float came in 1st place for the 3rd year in a row. That's pretty awesome!! Way to go Hubby and the rest of the group!

Later folks,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...