The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, January 29, 2007

Oh, the weather outside is ... COLD!!!!

Well, there is talk of a wintry mix approaching north of here Tuesday morning and Wednesday night... (doesn't make sense since it's not forecast to rain Tuesday morning, but OK)... Not digging the whole winter thing. Really getting antsy for the severe weather season to arrive. Just one more month... Just one more month; however: THE NEXT SIGNIFICANT RAIN MAKER FOR OUR AREA WILL COME FROM ANOTHER GULF LOW MOVING ACROSS THE SOUTHEAST STATES THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. UNLIKE THE WEAK SYSTEM FORECAST TO AFFECT OUR AREA TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY...THERE WILL LIKELY BE MUCH MORE MOISTURE AND LIFT FOR THIS SYSTEM TO WORK WITH SO WE EXPECT HIGH POPS AND FAIRLY SIGNIFICANT QPF. Moisture and lift... the only word they left out is instability... the other key ingredient to the stuff that chases are made of... I hope that my rain gauge was empty... silly me, I forgot to check it before the freeze... oops.

Hard freeze... brrr... I was watching the weather channel this morning (just to get a quick look at temps, folks...) and they reported the high temp in Jamaica... 82. 82 degrees, and here I am a Dewdrop-sicle. My fingers feel like they are about to break from the cold. My toes, though in socks and boots, are frozen!!! FROZEN!!! It's hard to type in these conditions.

Tomorrow, hubby is going for a needle aspiration biopsy on his thyroid gland. The surgeon warned that it would HURT. You know it'll be bad when a surgeon admits that it will hurt, so I will be with him tomorrow late morning and afternoon. I also have a confirmation for a young lady in my church that I am sponsoring. This event actually kept me away from a conference in Atlanta this week...

Anyone ever heard of BlogBurst? I got an invite to join that network... and wondered if anyone's ever heard of it. Apparently, they are looking for:
** Topical content that complements existing site content and enhances the reader's experience
** Unique perspectives that add a distinctive voice to feature content
** Ethical and fair writing that doesn't put the publisher in a compromising position
** Vibrant, timely content available to publishers at a moment's notice
... and I've got it because they invited me, Dewdrop... How cool is that?! Only because I'm cool like that, I'm sure. Probably a scam though.

So, what you think, if I think tropical thoughts, do you think I'll warm up some???

Thinking warm thoughts,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...