The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Road Less Traveled... that has made all the difference

Well, I went shooting today... no not deer... (I've never actually shot a gun.) Remember, I'm a city girl. No, I decided to take a ride down to the Withlacoochee River. I've driven over it many a time and have always felt largely compelled to go and see what I could capture through the lens of a camera. Anyway... I decided that today would be the perfect day for it... one, because I'm not out of town, and two because I wanted to... So, after church I changed into comfy clothes and grabbed the camera (incidentally, I discovered that I don't have adequate foot wear for those kinds of trips... but I took care of that. I'll cover that more later.) So, I grabbed my camera and headed to the river. I decided to just play some with angles and settings and composition and came up with some that I am actually quite pleased with. You can be the judge. I could have stayed out there until the sun went down, except, I kept hearing gunshots, and they were getting closing and closer as I walked further down the riverbank. It was a little unnerving... I didn't know if I should shout, "I'm not a deer!" or lay flat on the ground with all the chiggers to protect myself... so I did the only logical thing, I snapped a few more shots and got the heck out of there.

As for the shoes... Keds aren't the best "hiking by the river" shoes, nor are they going to make the best storm chasing footwear, so I decided to pick up some Steel Toe, waterproof, electrical hazard protection, made for all weather shoes. I'd say I'm ready. What do you think? They're pretty awesome, and they will be a whole lot better than Keds. No offense to Keds, but they are just not storm chasing shoes...


Right now, as I blog, I am watching the Patriots, trying their hardest not to make it into the Superbowl. I don't know what's going on with their offense, but the defense did just recover SD's ball... Let's go, Patriots! Only need a TD and a two point conversion to tie it up... come on guys... I spoke too soon. It's tied up... lol they did exactly what I mentioned. Awesome. OK guys, just one more score....
That's all for me. I will be taking Mini-Dew for a manicure tomorrow... a special treat for doing such a great job on her report card and also for quitting her nasty nail biting habit.

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

Later Update... Woohoo! The Patriots took it! Good game! Next step AFC Champions! After that, Superbowl Champs!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics...It is duck season,, not a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps, I should consider learning the hunting seasons before I explore in the woods... I'd hate for the Dew to be mounted over someone's mantle.

    Thanks for the warning. I guess I'm a lucky duck.

    ~Dew

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...