The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, February 17, 2007

Seriously...

I have reached the point of delirium... It's not the best place to be... 13 girls... 13, 7 - 10 year olds... Just shoot me. There are still 4 of them that haven't fallen asleep yet. Hello, folks... it's minutes away from 0400... Sleep... please. I suspect that they will fall asleep just before their parents arrive. I sent hubby to bed a couple of hours ago. No point in him suffering along with me. He'd only start snoring giving the girls something to really giggle about.

You see the temp is outrageous. The top left is the outside reading. Not quite teens, but it looks to be approaching that. Do realize that that is an unofficial reading... as for the future, wording is getting slightly more interesting... but only slightly...
THE TRAILING FRONT MOVING THROUGH THE SOUTHEAST ON WEDNESDAY. INSTABILITY AHEAD OF THE FRONT WILL BE SUFFICIENT TO PRODUCE ISOLATED THUNDER... HOWEVER THE SEVERE WEATHER THREAT LOOKS RATHER LOW. Boy, I can hardly contain myself, but check this out... THE PROGRESSIVE WLY PATTERN LOOKS TO BRING A RATHER POTENT LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM AND COLD FRONT TO THE GULF COAST STATES BY LATE SATURDAY. AFTER A PROLONGED STRETCH OF BELOW NORMAL TEMPS...ABOVE NORMAL TEMPS ARE EXPECTED DURING THE PERIOD. Now, that's more like it. Nothing like a potent low to get the party started.

Oh, I was thinking about the temps earlier and got concerned that I hadn't emptied my rain gauge... couldn't remember if I had or not... so I ran outside, and low and behold... 1/2" of frozen rain in there. I'm glad I thought about it before it had time to really expand and break my 3 dollar rain gauge. I brought it in for the night. It's thawed now.

I'm gonna go stand in the doorway and force them to sleep now... 21.6 current temp... teens, here we come... if it drops significantly before I hit the sack, I'll update.

Night... or should I say... mornin...?

0435 update: 1 still awake. Temp only down to 21.2... I think I'm throwing in the towel. The one that's awake is pretty harmless... and I think the light is keeping her up. Morning all. I think I'll miss the teens... darn.

~Dewdrop

P.S. Decided against the balloons... unnecessary expense for this already over the top party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...