The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Another dull day in South Georgia

Back in the days of instability, I was offered opportunities for shots like this one. I would love to once again have that opportunity. I am tired of my life lacking instability. lol... that doesn't sound right... Anyway, I am experiencing serious SDS at the moment, like many other chasers, I'm sure. My biggest issue being that I attended a spotter class yesterday that really got me hungry for it. Patience, Dew. It will come.

Well, the plains event has really taken a turn... Poor chasers out that way got all geared up to learn that it's just not looking like anything impressive. The SPC really dropped a bomb, keeping the chance for tornadoes below 2%, but that has now gone up to 5% in a small area. Sorry guys. Ouch. In fact, it's almost starting to look like one of our events, nice squall with some embedded supercells. Not really a chase-worthy event for those folks. Granted, I'd be all over it if I were in that area... because I am ready to chase anything with rotation... (Sadly, even water draining from the tub now is a joy for me. Yes, yes, I know I need help. SDS is taking a strong hold. Good golly, I want a chase op.) Unfortunately, nothing too impressive on the horizon... from early this AM:
NEXT CHANCE OF RAIN... ALBEIT SMALL... DOES NOT APPEAR UNTIL MONDAY AND TUESDAY DID NOT MENTION TSTMS ALTHO THEY REMAIN POSSIBLE AND NEXT LONG TERM UPDATE MAY MENTION. What's with the "albeit small" little side note there? Just rub it in, why don't you... Later this AM in the HWO: CURRENT GUIDANCE SUGGESTS THE NEXT THREAT FOR SHOWERS AND POSSIBLE THUNDERSTORMS WILL BE MONDAY INTO EARLY TUESDAY WHEN AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE AND ASSOCIATED FRONTAL SYSTEM APPROACH FROM THE WEST. It's precipitation at least, but nothing to write home about.

Hit a snag with my email during daytime hours, so I am switching over to hotmail for that... dewdrop_in_sga@hotmail.com. Sigh. Feel free to drop me a line. All the meso discussions, day 1 and 2 outlooks, are going to pile up during the day time... grrr...

All in all, things are pretty dull in my neck of the woods, as forecasted. I will work today on cleaning the disk on my camera and making room for an exciting weekend that I am certain will create many photo ops for me. I will be sure to post some when I return safely.

Update: OK, Yahoo is back up. Weird. Contact me however you like.

;-)

Have a lovely day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...