The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, March 19, 2007

Smoke... yuck...

Speaking of fires, this was the view as I entered my neighborhood this evening after Mini-Dew's practice. Pretty unnerving to see smoke so close to my neighborhood, especially considering the number of not too smart folks in the area, who don't pay much mind to the weather and just don't feel like driving to the dump... It made for an interesting and eerie sunset. The colors were great, but the smoke... sigh.

I am so envious of the folks headed into the plains for the setup this week. I get more and more excited as the time approaches, and it's not even me going... imagine when I do finally get the shot... AWESOME! Until that day, as Jeff says, I need to build experience. I will chase everything I can in my neck of the woods, developing my chase style, building my equipment. Exciting, just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

I'll be back on when I finish all my Skywarn stuff tomorrow. Skywarn training for this area is officially on the Skywarn schedule. Very exciting stuff. I am confident that it will be well attended. I have a meeting with the local Emergency Management director tomorrow to go over details regarding the class, and then, I will head to the class in Sylvester. Fun, fun. Knowledge is the key in storm chasing, right?

Toodles and good night.
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...