The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, March 12, 2007

Take two MCS's and call me in the morning...

Texas has had a rough night with tornado warnings, flash floods and large hail derived from an MCS over that area. Watching the weather this morning, while I was getting ready, a nice squall had formed, but as I finished my morning routine, it appeared to be weakening some. Unfortunately for them (except the chasers out that way), it appears that they will be looking at round two tomorrow as the back side of the system regenerates. Still some uncertainty as to how things will unfold, but they are under a slight risk for tomorrow...

Significant cirrus cloud cover was specifically noted by Kelly in the AFD this morning... I can second that, as I had the good fortune of driving into a breathtaking sunrise this morning taking the Mini-Dew to school. The way the colors from the sun were hitting those high patchy cirrus was awesome. If my windshield weren't so bug splattered, I would have taken some pictures... The next couple of days look like perfect outdoor days, dry and warm, with temps in the 80's. The approaching
UPPER LOW WILL BEGIN TO INFLUENCE THE WEATHER OVER THE CWA BY WEDNESDAY WITH SLIGHT CHANCES OF SHOWERS AND LOWER TEMPS AS HEIGHTS FALL. AN APPROACHING LARGE SCALE TROUGH WILL CAUSE THE LOW TO OPEN UP BY THURSDAY AFTERNOON BUT THERE SHOULD BE SUFFICIENT MOISTURE AND DYNAMICS AROUND FOR AT LEAST SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. To quote Bryan though, not expecting a wash out.

I am already feeling the tiredness associated with the time change. It doesn't help that my chaotic schedule already had me totally exhausted, but to have given up an hour... that's hard. It's not all bad though... I get more ops to chase given the added day light, chasing the sun, chasing any severe weather events, which have more opportunities to build with the additional heating time. Once my body adjusts, it'll be a really good thing.

Oh, I almost forgot, looking like a pretty solid Skywarn spotter class coming up on March 31st in South Central Georgia. Stay tuned for more details, but go ahead and keep the afternoon open on that date if you're in the area and interested in attending. Feel free to email or comment me if you have questions about it. I should be able to solidify the details by tomorrow or Wednesday, so stay tuned.

Have a lovely day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...