The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, April 23, 2007

Well, I didn't lose my shirt, but I lost my phone charger...

Darn... unpacking made me realize that my phone charger is somewhere between Vegas and South Georgia... que lastima... It wouldn't be so bad, except my cell phone is already worthless, for it's lack of ability to hold a charge, and now, I'm really up a creek. Not really, I bought a new one, along with a new pair of sunglasses to replace the second broken pair on my trip... Vegas was expensive!

Anyway, I was delayed in posting this morning... a week piles up a lot of work, and I had a dr. appt to boot. Never a dull moment.

Well, the smoke wasn't too bad here last night. It went north, so they actually experienced a smoky haze up near Atlanta. I heard some outrageous numbers with regard to the acreage that has burned, something like 55,000 acres, about 85 square miles... I have heard this morning that it is now 45% contained. Smoke isn't expected to get bad here for the rest of the week, which is good news. We might have some as it settles tonight, but nothing too extreme. I feel bad for those in Waycross, especially those who lost their homes and/or those who have respiatory problems... I'll be happy when they get it 100% controlled. We just need rain... fortunately, we are looking at some mediocre POPS for the end of the week. I hope that comes through for us, especially in light of the recent hydrologic outlook.

I decided to share a pic of my dear son's guinnea pig, Max. She's a cute little thing. We accidentally ended up sitting for her this weekend, when my son forgot about her and left her at our house when he left for his apartment. She loves to crawl into the pouch of my sweatshirt.

Well, that's all I've got... I'm not getting anything yet out of the plains, so stay tuned. I am too swamped to really follow it, but I'll update as I see fit.

Ciao,
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. OOoooooooo He bite you! If you don't understand this joke, you have never heard Lweis Grizzard..LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are from Boston...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, here we go... (eye roll) lol

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...