The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, June 04, 2007

One last post before I turn in for the evening...ehem...night.

First of all, let me start by saying that Iowa shared a beautiful sunset with me. Granted... the view I had wasn't the best for composition, but this was from my hotel window. Spectacular! Let me just say, too, that the colors in the picture are quite true to what I was seeing. Absolutely stunning. Of course, no weather here, but the sunset was wonderful, so I am not complaining. Today isn't chase day anyway. In the hotel room, hubby was amused to see this note on the map of the facility... you don't see notes like that every day. Well, perhaps here you do, but not in Georgia, you don't. Toto, I don't think we're in Georgia anymore... Speaking of that... in Missouri, we passed a sign that read (seriously):

Hit a Worker
$10,000 Fine
Lose Your License
Good, good, good... that'll stop all those folks who were meaning to hit them. Bet they're really thinking twice now... Only in Missouri, right?

For dinner, we went to a fabulous restaurant, called Skeeter Barnes, that served "Happy Mushrooms" (soaked in wine. Mmmmm), which were pretty good with my steak and beer-marinated onions. They also served a large portabello stuffed with parmesian and cream cheese... doesn't get much better than that. The place was barn themed and actually had a windmill out front. I have to be honest... I'm not finding too many differences between Iowa and South Georgia... they even called us y'all. I felt right at home.

Off to beddy-by. Chase-O-Rama starts tomorrow!! I cannot wait!

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. Sleep and dream Supercells over the northern Plains.

    THe northern Plains have more rolling greens hills than further south, and makes for a awesome landscape to have a tornado roam over.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait... and apparently can't sleep. I'd better try, so I'm not a grump tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you wouldn't be able to go to sleep early. Reach for the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, you were right, and now, here I am at 6AM, not able to sleep anymore... I hadn't counted on nerves being this bad... I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You think you have problems now....just try to get some sleep Wednesday night after a big exhilerating chase. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sleep... who needs sleep! Oh, gosh, will it start already??? I can't stand this waiting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...