The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The guys rock!

I just want to give a big shout out to my weather service guys. You know, I read their AFD every day, and I have learned so much doing that; however, there are times when I just don't get what they are saying... either context doesn't give away the meaning, or something is referenced that I am not familiar with. That happened yesterday and several other times, but this time, I decided to ask about it. They referenced a numbered "climo type", and I was like, "wha?" So, I contacted one of my favorite forecasters, Tim, and asked what it all meant... He sent me a link to this study done by Ken, which very thoroughly explains it all. He also copied Ken, in case I had additional questions. That's not the first time they have exhibited awesomeness, and I'm certain, it's not the last time, but I just wanted to express my gratitude and let everyone in my blog world know how awesome the Tallahassee NWS guys are!

It was disappointing, though, to read in the HWO:

NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED. DEEP LAYER RIDGING ACROSS THE REGION WILL HELP TO SUPPRESS CONVECTION. ONLY ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.
I am clearly being teased. lol Just joking. I know it's not all about me, much as I sometimes pretend it is. Bottom line, looks like a whole lot of nothing, coming right up.

Sorry, the video is so shaky. I'm not into videography much. I should have used a tripod...

Since I've been talking all about the NWS this post, guess what I noticed on the NWS site today... I was made aware of a graphical tropical weather outlook now offered by the NHC. Very cool way to share information. I like it.

A quick glance at the SPC graphical outlook lets me know that Alabama Mike is set up for a Moderate Risk at some severe weather today. Another chase-tunity, buddy. Lucky dog!

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

3 comments:

  1. ok...Dew you need to get out more...come to think of it, the guys in Tally need to get out more too. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you picking on us???

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...