The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, July 20, 2007

It's Friday!!!

Looks like our shot at weather comes along this afternoon, as daytime heating will offer up decent CAPE and the moisture from a shortwave boundary rolling in from North Georgia gives us a shot at some much needed afternoon showers and thunderstorms. The guys are expecting that to occur further to my west though. Of course...

Some exciting stuff going on in the tropics... finally! My poor little hurricane tracking map is practically naked. People are beginning to mock the forecast. That's not a good thing. When people start doubting the forecast, they let their guard down, become complacent, and that it when preparedness takes a nose dive and people become victims of these ferocious storms. Forecasting is not an exact science. They are doing the best they can, and the season is far from over... ok, ok, hopping off my soapbox now.

TROPICAL WAVE IN THE E CARIBBEAN HAS BEGUN TO SPLIT WITH THE N PORTION MOVING SLOWER NW THAN THE S PORTION MOVING W. WAVE IS ALONG 67W/68W S OF 17N MOVING W 15 KT. THE N PORTION OF THIS WAVE HAS SOME POTENTIAL FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT.
Did they say what I think they said??? No way! Do we seriously have something to keep an eye on out there??? Awesome! About doggone time.

I am watching weather for a friend traveling home to GA from NC, as she will be traveling though slight risk territory. Lucky lady, though with her being less than enthusiastic about weather, don't think she is as excited as I would be. Not too many loony birds like me out there, but just check my links to the right to see them...

I'm headed to the Harry Potter book release tonight. I plan to try to get some pictures of lots of little Potters running around the book store at an unGodly hour. If I get any good shots, I'll post them.

I was treated to a nice distant thunderstorm to my far east last night. It was beautiful the way the sky lit up the rolling clouds. I was too tired to chase it, but I did stand and watch it for a few. If I could have bulldozed my neighbor's house... (the state patrol man)... I could have had a decent photographable view from my backyard, but again, it was late, I was tired. I didn't have sufficient motivation... maybe next time.

Have a wonderful Friday!!!
~Dewdrop

4 comments:

  1. Didn't chase?

    Hey I found a Quote...

    "what's an hour? I would have been all over it! ;-) " -DEWDROP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're throwing that back in my face, are ya?! lol Should of chased, I know... hanging my head in shame as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been storming on and off here in Cartersville all afternoon and lots of rain! Just hoping for a break in rain tomorrow for dd's birthday pool party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should be past you by tomorrow... In fact, looks like it should be approaching me for tonight. Quite a storm.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...