The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, August 17, 2007

Dean a MAJOR HURRICANE!!! ALMOST a CAT 4!!!!

Oh my goodness... between advisories, Hurricane Dean jumped from a category 2 to a high end category 3, after recon readings (preceeding the intermediate advisory with a special advisory to update intensity.)... just 6mph away from a Category 4, at 125mph with 961mb of pressure. He is now a major hurricane, and you can tell that looking at the image... nice eye... huge convective swath being just sucked right into him, so he is growing impressively large (albeit, scarily so). Those dry slots didn't phase him in the least. The NOAA guys are showing 130kt (150mph) in the 48th and 78th hour. I think that is because they won't forecast a Cat 5. Does anyone know why that is? I'm thinking he stands a good shot at becoming a Cat 5 soon, and he hasn't even hit the Western Caribbean yet. Holy cow!

~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the visible satellite presentation once the sun starts going down....the eye should really stand out. This thing may bomb out tonight to Cat 5....

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope people have the good sense to get out of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 936mb...Cat 4...I say Cat 5 by the AM. Amazing images tonight.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I am about to check and update. Just now back at my computer. I agree though. We definitely have a future Cat.5 on our hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. be sure to check stormcarib.com for updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Michael! I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...