The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Farewell Chantal, come on Dean...

Prospective picture number 7 for my photo collage. I like this one. I can't wait to get this collage finished.

Well, Chantal was a nice little fish, but as was expected, Chantal is quickly approaching extratropical-ness. We do, however, still have the special feature number 99L looming off the Southern Windward Islands. That is looking more and more impressive. I am thinking Dean is well on his way. Woohoo... Two named storms in one week would be cool. If you click on the image to the left, you should get the looped images.

...SPECIAL FEATURES...

A 1010 MB LOW NEAR 12N55W IS ABOUT 325 NM E OF THE SOUTHERN WINDWARD ISLANDS. A BAND OF SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION HAS APPEARED INTERMITTENTLY WITHIN 90 NM OF THE LOW LEVEL CENTER OVER THE PAST SEVERAL HOURS AND THE OVERALL ORGANIZATION OF THE SYSTEM REMAINS INTACT. THE SYSTEM STILL HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR FURTHER DEVELOPMENT AND COULD BECOME A TROPICAL DEPRESSION OVER THE NEXT DAY OR SO.
The HWO is becoming redundant as I would have expected a while ago with the summer thunderstorm season... looks like that season has finally arived. More showers and thunderstorms are forecasted to arrive this afternoon with brief gusty winds and heavy rain, and of course, thunderstorms mean lightning.
THINGS STILL LOOK PRETTY WET FOR THU AND FRI, SO WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONTINUE TO EAT AWAY AT THE RAINFALL DEFICIT AT TLH.
Have a lovely day!
~Dewdrop

12 comments:

  1. Special Feature! I'm continuing to watch 99L closely....Congrats on your Spotter ID. I need to get signed up and certified so I can do some good during my chases. I plan on getting that done by next year, time with the little one permitting :)

    SCM

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have online spotter training at most of the weather service offices. That's a decent way to get certified, and you can go along at your own pace when you want... This is my 5th training and my first spotter id.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dean may be on the horizon...things are also brewing a bit in the Gulf...hmmm...

    I never received one of those neat ID badges...maybe that's a new thing...I need to update my spotter training anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. btw...that's one of my favorite flowers you've shown so far...maybe the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neither Tallahassee, nor Jacksonville offer "ID badges", so I was pleased to get this one out of Tampa Bay. I think it's up to the Warning Coordinator in each area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I guess the flower is a keeper. Thanks, Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture....A keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's ananimous. This one makes the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore the tulip! A must have for the fireplace. It's good enough to stand on its own.
    That was a great storm that we had on Tue. I was busy holding Elijah at the hospital.... I heard that ABC's doors were blown open!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the flower picture

    ReplyDelete
  11. That coming from the man who said my flower posts are boring???? lol Just noticed that my last comment had a misspelling... It's UNANIMOUS... the tulip picture made the cut, and might actually be spotlighted in the center...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teresa, It was quite a storm. It was much stronger to our west, you know before the Dewvoid killed it, so much wind.

    I can't believe all the compliments on the tulip picture.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...