The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, August 26, 2007

Timing is of the essence...

This was taken before I learned how to edge and weed eat (I still haven't mastered weed eating...) Yesterday's entire weather event occurred while I was forced to be inside for Mini-Dew's fake competition. Seriously, I was stuck inside a metal building spectating... and all around me, I could hear crashing thunderous claps and flooding downpours. I could see the flashes of light through the windows of the doors. It was very poorly timed, and I suspected that when that occurred that all the energy in the atmosphere was used up, and my chance had passed. As I watched the radar yesterday evening and last night... my suspicions were proven correct... No storms for me! Today's forecast, we have POPS at 80. Precipitation very likely. Good thing, I got a whole 6/100 of an inch yesterday... This is what the guys at the NWS are saying...

SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL AGAIN DEVELOP... SPECIALLY DURING THE AFTERNOON AND EVENING. CONDITIONS DO NOT APPEAR FAVORABLE FOR WIDESPREAD SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS... HOWEVER A FEW STORMS COULD BRIEFLY APPROACH MARGINALLY SEVERE LEVELS WITH STRONG WIND GUSTS...TORRENTIAL RAINFALL...FREQUENT LIGHTNING...AND SMALL HAIL. LOCALIZED FLOODING IS POSSIBLE ESPECIALLY IN AREAS WHERE RECENT RAINS HAVE LEFT GROUNDS SATURATED. PATCHY FOG IS EXPECTED DURING THE PRE-DAWN HOURS. SPOTTERS AND EMERGENCY MANAGERS SHOULD STILL MONITOR THE WEATHER LATER TODAY.
So... yet again, I will watch and wait. I have church and grocery shopping, and if the weather doesn't happen early enough, I will have to backyard chase. grrr...

Happy Sunday!
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. Dont feel down. I watched everything on radar and never left the house. Nothing but heavy rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. During the competition, it was firing like crazy. I am watching that sea breeze this afternoon. We have lots of towers going up locally. I might be able to get something... maybe.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...