The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Welcome, Dean!

I heard there was lightning last night from about 8:30 until about 9. I missed it as I was spending time with Mini-Dew. Oh well. I heard it was not as spectacular as recent storms we have had, so it does not sounds like I missed much. Our forecast today calls for HOT weather. Silent POPS... sheesh.

A FEW LOCATIONS WILL CERTAINLY HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO CRACK THE CENTURY MARK BY A DEGREE OR TWO AS WELL.
At least the tropics have woken up to give me something to watch. The 5 day cone for the now... Dean... even if not officially yet, has got it hitting a little further north than they were suggesting before. It's still so early, it's anyone's guess, but here is my prediction... I think he will cut through the southern peninsula in to the Gulf and hit somewhere in the Gulf... Even though the NHC hasn't updated, the NRL site has the tropical feature in the Atlantic listed as Tropical Storm Dean, so I am going to go ahead and call him Dean, even though Tropical Storm No Name was cute... so we have Tropical Storm Dean, the storm formerly known as Tropical Storm No Name. Welcome Dean.

We also still have Invest 91L brewing in the Caribbean. It is expected that that area might be defined as a tropical depression today. They have actually shown an area where they have a tropical cyclone formation alert. It's almost upon us. Those tropics are wide awake. It's about time.

That's all I have.

Update: We officially have Tropical Storm Dean. He's packing winds at 40mph, and he's actually forecasted to be a hurricane soon. There is actually chatter about him turning into a major huricane. The East Coast of the US needs to take notice. Dean is coming, ready or not!

Toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...