The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, September 27, 2007

By the light of the Harvest Moon... Welcome Lorenzo!!!

What a beautiful view of the moon I was graced with this morning! We (Mini-Dew and I) walked outside to catch her bus, and she said, "Mommy, look!" and she pointed to this big, brilliant, full harvest moon up in our western sky. I did what any Dew would "Dew", I rushed inside, grabbed my camera, opened my hatchback, grabbed the tripod and quickly set up for some shots. It was a beautiful with the glowing ring around it. I snapped so many shots, and it was a nice way to start the day, doing what I love.A friend of mine actually called last night to tell me about the sunset and the harvest moon. I didn't have the opportunity to shoot those last night, but I did have some cool skies that I shot while driving down the road again. As usual, I was in a race to get home and go through the nighttime routine. I had Mini-Dew's friends to deliver to their home, so I couldn't really set up great shots... surprise, surprise, but I did take some of the magnificent cell to my west as I traveled home. The girls called it a dragon cloud, and said the top part looked like a tornado. I explained that it was not a tornado... Prior to that though, this was my view as I stepped out of Mini-Dew's practice. The clouds were so interesting looking. Of course, the girls thought I was nutso to be shooting pics of the sky, but I think they are getting used to me. As we were leaving from picking them up to take them all to practice, I noticed the storms rolling in... "storms" used loosely. Of course, I was inside yesterday for for all the weather... playing the role of "mom". Oh well, I'll get 'em next time. :-)

On to the tropics... yes, yes, they are still doing their thing, though things seemed to settle some. I am hoping that by delaying post today, I can get better info... let's see... nope. Tropical Storm Karen has run into some shear which she is fighting her way through. According to the NHC:

THIS MORNING'S NOAA P-3 HURRICANE HUNTER EXPERIMENTAL MISSION REVEALED... THE WIND PROFILE RESEMBLES LAST NIGHT'S MISSION WHICH ALSO INDICATED AN UNUSUAL HORIZONTAL WIND PROFILE.
She is expected to hold on as a tropical storm, but that is about all we can expect out of her. Tropical Depression 13 is still meandering around in the Bay of Campeche. No real change in direction, speed or intensity. Just hanging out, but the folks at the NHC still suspect that it will become a tropical storm before landfall, so we may or may not have Lorenzo soon. The area off of FL is looking like it might have some potential to become something, maybe, and the area in the Caribbean is dimishing. One of the two waves off of Africa has promise... yeah, I know... it doesn't thrill me either. I will just keep watching and posting updates.

Local weather has become so boring that one of the guys decided to get away. lol I can understand that. I would love to get away!!! Little rain has fallen on our rain deprived soil.

Update from the guys at the NHC:
TROPICAL STORM LORENZO TROPICAL CYCLONE UPDATE
NWS TPC/NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1250 PM CDT THU SEP 27 2007

DATA FROM A RECONNAISSANCE PLANE INDICATE THAT THE TROPICAL DEPRESSION IN THE GULF OF MEXICO HAS BECOME TROPICAL STORM LORENZO AND WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO 60 MPH...95 KM/HR. A SPECIAL ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED SHORTLY AND WILL REPLACE THE 1 PM CDT INTERMEDIATE ADVISORY.
Ciao,
~Dewdrop

16 comments:

  1. Great moon pics! ERRRR to the tropics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and Errrr, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been mooned...lol...

    Actually I was enjoying the view of the moon last night on my way home from Wally World... You know how it appears really large on the horizon? It was gorgeous last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, Mike!!!

    It was beautiful on the horizon. I saw that when I let the doggone dog out. It was amazingly beautiful. I wish I could have shot it last night. I think a lot of people enjoyed our full moon this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lorenzo was just born moments ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Mike, again. I was posting that when your comment came through!!! Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tropical Storm Lorenzo continues to organize and deepen over the Southwest Gulf. Lorenzo’s winds are now up 70mph and is expected to reach hurricane strength later tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the update, Jeff. Looks like another Humberto-type situation. Cool. It's close to where Dean hit as Cat 2, too... more rain for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the awesome card, I got it yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome! I sent it so it would be on time!!! Grrr... Doggone snail mail. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pictures you posted! I have to learn how to put pictures in my blog....I am technologically challenged when it comes to those things! I just finally got around to making a new post too!

    oh yeah, Shelli called me on my birthday to tell me that she and Ernie are pregnant...enough said.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey weather girl,
    when is it going to actually start feeling like fall???? COLD FRONT please! I am SO sick of wearing capris and sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow nice moon!!!!(If your gonna be mooned that is)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annie, pictures on the blog are easy. On your "Post New Blog" screen, there is a picture icon. Click on that, and browse to find your picture, decide what size and location you want. Then upload it. Easy Breezy. I have been checking your blogs... so I will be certain to check it out.

    Shelli and Ernie... already? Wow!

    Fall...? Annie, you're in Central FL... Fall doesn't go there. lol

    General audiences, comment moderation is enabled to prevent inappropriate comments. If you post a comment, and it doesn't show up, chances are, you were edited. Try again. ;-P Thanks for reading, though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mr. X, Thanks. I wish I had time to shoot last night, it was HUGE and ORANGE on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...