The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, October 01, 2007

My, how tropical cyclones come and go so quickly these days...

These are the most beautiful weeds, and they grow on my fence. I usually just tear them down, but this time, I decided to shoot a few pics first. The vine they grow on is very sticky, and they climb and wind, making them a royal pain in the booty to get off... but they produce a beautiful little flower. I am glad I finally got to see them with the blossom open. I was beginning to get a complex. Every time I would try to shoot them, the blossoms would be closed. I love how some weeds disguise themselves as beautiful flowers... terrific camouflage.

As you can imagine by the title, both Tropical Storm Karen and Tropical Storm Melissa have become remnant lows. They just weren't able to survive the "hostile", roughly sheared environment. They were good while they lasted and helped to fill in a bit more of my Atlantic Basin Hurricane Tracking Chart. Now, there is one area of interest near/over Southeastern FL, which is bringing in winds, rain and some gigantic waves. I heard reports of 14' waves. That's awesome, but it looked incredibly choppy from the video I have seen. This is what the NHC guys are saying about it...

1. AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW...A DECAYING FRONTAL BOUNDARY...AND A WEAK SURFACE LOW OVER THE NORTHWESTERN BAHAMAS ARE PRODUCING SQUALLY WEATHER OVER PORTIONS OF SOUTH FLORIDA... THE BAHAMAS...AND THE ADJACENT WATERS OF THE WESTERN ATLANTIC. SOME SLOW DEVELOPMENT... PERHAPS OF A SUBTROPICAL NATURE...IS POSSIBLE DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AS THIS SYSTEM MOVES SLOWLY WESTWARD OR WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD.
Locally, moisture enters the forecast at the end of Tuesday with chance POPS entering into the game, resulting from that low over Florida. We'll take whatever we can get. Then, chance POPS remain in the forecast for the remainder of the work week. Looks like we might just get some of that instability that we requested for the upcoming chaser convergence. Yahoo!!!

That's all for me.

Toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

5 comments:

  1. Nice weed. Scott said why don't you come down one weekend and we'll go to Halloscream together...Want to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (yawn)...;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't believe anyone has ever said that to me before... nice weed... lol. Let Scott know that if I can work it out, that would be great, but I am thinking my October is FULL!!! Perhaps that last weekend, but I think Mini-Dew might have something on my schedule...

    I would recognize that (yawn) anywhere. How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. *LOL*@ the weed comment!

    Dew:
    Check out the baby blog.
    http://babymarykatherine.blogspot.com

    Not too long to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know.

    Checking it out. I know Shawn is looking ripe... let's take a look.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...