The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy Groundhog Day! Punxsutawney Phil has spoken... raised eyebrow

Phil Says Six More Weeks of Winter!
Phil's official forecast as read 2/2/08 at sunrise at Gobbler's Knob:
Here Ye! Here Ye! Here Ye!

On Gobbler's Knob on this fabolous Groundhog Day, February 2nd, 2008 Punxsutawney Phil, the Seer of Seers, Prognosticator of all Prognosticators, Rose to the call of President Bill Cooper and greeted his handlers, Ben Hughes and John Griffiths.

After casting a weathered eye toward thousands of his faithful followers, Phil consulted with President Cooper and directed him to the appropriate scroll, which proclaimed:

"As I look around me, a bright sky I see, and a shadow beside me. Six more weeks of winter it will be!"
Oh, well... you can't win them all. As for me, Jay pointed out the 4-8 day outlook, and all appearances show a wicked storm approaching for mid-week. Looks like spring in the south...
IT APPEARS LIKELY THAT AMPLY MOIST/UNSTABLE AIRMASS WILL EXIST -- IN CONJUNCTION WITH A STRONG DEEP-LAYER WIND FIELD -- SUCH THAT A GOOD THREAT FOR SEVERE WEATHER WILL LIKELY EXIST.
I'll be keeping a watchful eye on that one... hopefully, timing will allow for a group chasetunity. That would be awesome!

I was reading the bible last night, as I usually do, and I came across some wording that struck me. I was reading from "The Message":
Skies are blazing with his splendor,
his praises sounding through the earth,
His cloud-brightness like dawn, exploding, spreading,
forked-lightning shooting from his hand—
what power hidden in that fist!
~Habakkuk 3:3-4
I thought I would share.

Aside from that, I got to experience El Nino at Chili's last night. Pretty powerful stuff, but it was GOOD!

I have tons to do to get ready to go, so have a lovely day.
~Dewdrop

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great night last night! Yummy looking drink...I'm jealous. What did the SOUTHERN ground hog say? I don't think the one in Pennsylvania can accuratley predict OUR seasons. It's going to be 81 here tomorrow...hardly winter-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was your suggestion... a weather related margarita... can't beat that.

    I have no idea what the southern one said... still waiting on the weather opossum to uncurl his tail.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...