The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Terribly Devastating Cyclones in the Western Pacific

My grandmother sent me an email which read:

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.
I really loved that. It's such a valuable perspective.

Well, another day, another round of tornadoes. What a crazy year! Still tornadoes daily, another slight risk today. Looks like thunderstorms where we are leaving from and where we are headed to. The exciting news is that we have some exciting plans to visit/meet Beth Ellen, while we are up in cheese country, and we have plans to visit with (bf will meet) Jay (General BS) while we are in J'ville. You see, bf and I are touring the country visiting storm chasers... lol. Just kidding, though, it does seem to be working out that way.

I saw on TWC this morning that deadly Typhoon Fengshen struck the Philippines. Many have been lost in floods and mudslides with this Typhoon, which is now headed as a tropical storm to the China mainland. A horrific tragedy associated with this typhoon is the story of the MV Princess of the Stars ferry, which for some insane reason was allowed to sail with a typhoon looming on the Philippine shores. Unfortunately, they don't expect many survivors out of this horrific tragedy. With 865 passengers and guests, as of this morning, only 48 survivors have been found.
"It will be a miracle if we find survivors," Lieutenant-Commander Inocencio Rosario, who led a team of divers, said.
Why on Earth was that ferry allowed to sail?! They know about these storms before the arrival. It is just unimaginable. I guess with me discussing that, I should update you about Myanmar... remember the destitute Junta-run country that was devastated when Cyclone Nargis slammed into that country almost two months ago on May 2? Unfortunately, news from there is quite grim, citing the number of dead or missing as 138,000 people. Fortunately, the request for aid has been made and the millions needing it, will hopefully get that soon.

I will be leaving this afternoon for the J'ville airport. I will update from here on out, when possible.

Take care,
~Dewdrop

6 comments:

  1. where is Wisconsin are you going? I only live about 3 hours north of Green Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, I know, I have been trying like crazy to get in touch with you. I don't have your current email I guess. Email me for my cell phone number dewdrop_in_sga@yahoo.com. I will get in touch with you. We will be in Sheboygan... We are planning to visit Green Bay on Thursday! I would love to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still dry here in our part of Georgia. Strange how some are having floodings and we are in a drought again this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are just a wanderer aren't you?! Always headed here or there! My summer seems to be shaping up the same way. Have fun and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading about this storm Dew... sad news in deed.

    BTW.. I like the comment from your Gran ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, Praying for rain for y'all.

    Annie, Seeing the world... I've got eings. Glad you're getting out.

    Tom, Absolutely horrible. Me too, I thought it was cool.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...