The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tornado in Thomas County upgraded to EF3 in Boston at Salem Road

Meso Mike, Rick and I went out yesterday in Thomas County, Georgia to explore and do some of our own damage assessment for the Southern Weather Brigade. It was humbling and surreal. Pics will be coming out as soon as I can wrap my mind around it. The path of the tornado that dropped out of the powerful tornadic supercell that was coming straight for me on Thursday (in the wee hours of the) morning, was approximately 400 yards wide at a point and upgraded to EF3 damage! 4 football fields! I have photographs of the debarked trees on Salem Road referenced in the report for the National Weather Service. We were clearly able to see where it had jumped around prior to that, and talked with the owners of the Salem Road strcuture that it barely missed. Powerful. More to come.

~Dewdrop

1 comment:

  1. Unbelievable Dew. The bad feeling I had that night was real. I'm so glad you and the family are okay.

    SCM

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...