The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Happy Dew Dance - I saw a funnel cloud...

SKY WATCH FRIDAY time! Welcome all sky fans!!! I truly appreciate your visit and comments. I might not have time to respond to you, but I will try my best to visit!!!

Our hosts: Klaus Sandy Sylvia Wren Louise Fishing Guy

Thanks, also,to Dot and Tom, who were instrumental in the success of this blogging event. You should definitely come fly with us!

I spent a lot of time yesterday processing and coping with the tragic disaster in Haiti. I am taking a step away from the details and the terror of it all today. Instead, I want to tell you a story that Mini-Dew shared with me the day before yesterday.

First, exciting NEWS! Second, Mini-Dew was at school Monday, when a friend approached her and said... I saw your parents on TV last night. Mini-Dew's response was, "Oh great, that means you saw my mom's Dew dance." Then, she proceeded to mock my dance complete with fist rolling in front of her, all the while singing "I saw a funnel cloud. I saw a funnel cloud. I saw a funnel." Then, she told me that I am the only person who gets so excited about funnel clouds that I made up a dance. LOL. What she is referring to is my appearance on "Twister Sisters", a reality show about storm chasing Twister Sisters Peggy and Melanie. Apparently, reruns are being aired on WEtv. My experience shooting that show was unparalleled, and though I busted a high risk/PDS day with my persistent Dewvoid, I had some weather experiences on June 6, 2007, which will last with me forever, and yes, that is the day that Diane, the dear director, captured me dancing over a few funnel clouds, but it's also the day that I witnessed this. An awesome shelf cloud. The same system produced some funnel clouds.The above shot is Zac and Peggy checking out the awesome and VERY LOW shelf cloud approaching us. Overall, it was an amazing experience, even if we didn't end up seeing the real deal. I learned so much about productions and all the effort that goes into a reality TV show. I joined in at the tail end of shooting, so everyone was pretty much on their last nerve by then, which is a shame. I love the artistic personalities of the crew though, and each night was one big party!I even got the chance to use the $6,000 HD video camera. Were they NUTS?!

The media is covering the disaster in Haiti around the clock, and I find myself growing more and more sad, as I hear more and more details. I continue to pray for hope for the people of Haiti and their families and friends... and now the rescue and relief workers. In a time like this, I imagine hope would be a difficult thing to hold onto, but the bible encourages hope in the Lord. Put your hope in the Lord is a repeated statement in Psalms. In the book of Job, we hear the story of a truly tested man, who, nonetheless, rested his hope in the Lord, never wavering from his praise for God, and in the end, God blessed him abundantly.

Psalm 46
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Selah There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. The LORD Almighty is with us
God bless those suffering.
~Dewdrop

24 comments:

  1. A few days before the 7.0 from Haiti, NorCal coast was hit with 6.5, thankfully no casualty and only minor damage. A friend and church sister's son is still in Haiti, her daughter left for US a few days before the quake, so we're all praying for all of them too.

    Good news indeed, which means I better hurry and watch the first one, since I believe you deemed it necessary.

    Have a wonderful weekend, is this a long weekend for you?

    www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and just awewome photo's.
    Take care and happy SWF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an awesome sky! Terrific capture Dew! Have a great day!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible photos. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good lands! I'm just so in awe of these cloud pictures...

    WOW! They're just amazing...my goodness--one can see the power of God's creation right there. Wow.

    I'm just stunned and my eyes are filled with these fabulous pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too grow more and more sad about the folks in Haiti. Their disaster could be ours someday. We live in Oregon and they've predicted the "big one" any time.

    We have been encouraged to have a disaster survival package stored in area where it could be easily retrieved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shot of the Shelf Cloud ..an awesome sight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I look forward to learning something new each skywatch - you haven't failed this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dew: Wonderful post and every one needs a Mini-Dew to bring back to reality.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say to those captures is WOW!!!

    All the best
    Guy
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you to cach it! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. always am in awe of those shelf clouds...and thank goodness i am seeing them on the monitor and not in my backyard.

    have a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen to that.

    Having lived through a world war, a disaster like that is very similar. Lack of water, food and shelter and the not knowing if your family is alive or dead are the same. At least they still have their country and each other.Let us pray that at least anarchy can be prevented in a country that is too poor to help itself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome experience! The clouds are really dramatic looking. I am trying to picture you doing your happy dance. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you love the applause you get from your kids? Well, we wouldn't want your head to gt too big, Dewdrop!

    Yes, the devastation in Haiti is indeed horrific. I wonder why one nation has to suffer so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an awesome clouds! Looks scary to be there yet i know it is also very exciting.

    Let's all pray that the people of Haiti will get over this disaster soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Dew. Been so busy and tired, I just got up today. (9:30AM:))

    Truly amazing skies. And great work you are doing.

    I will be back to read your post gain.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You make cloud watching exciting! I hope Mini-Dew takes right after you and finds as much pleasure in chasing weather.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome picture of the storm. I would be seeking protection, and there you are taking pictures. Have fun and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These clouds are something special. Stay safe and happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing skies! And great story too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome clouds in your part of the world. Great photo of the shelf cloud.

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...