The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

WeatherFest!!

This morning, as Mini-Dew and I left the house to head to the bus stop (since the cold spell, I've been parking there with her), I noted the frost on the grass and rooftops. When Mini-Dew heard this, she growled, "UGH! What's with all this cold!? I thought we were done with that!!! Wasn't all that cold enough?! ERG! Now, I am not going to want to go outside." Spoken like a daughter of mine, eh?

Waters appear to be receding down at this section of the Withlacoochee River, which is good news. I assume that enough time has been allowed for the trickle down from the weekend's rain to impact us, if it were meant to. Fortunately, we didn't get the gusher that was forecasted. Our grounds are super-saturated, and it would have certainly put us under. Thank you, Lord.

Right now, I am looking at blue cirrus strewn skies. Although, temps started in the 30's for me. We are looking to hit 61°, then quickly rebound to some 70's weather. A monstrous system is traipsing its way across the country with a blast of cold air and moisture. Not a great mixture, but it'll miss us, so I am not too concerned.

I will be missing the WeatherFest event in Tallahassee on Saturday. I attended this event last year and had a truly T-rific time! I blasted everyone out of the water with my tropical intellect in Bob's weather challenge. I will actually be in Tally on Friday for a show, but not Saturday... argh! The show will be great, but oh what a tease. If you plan to be in the area and you are at all a weather geek (not even necessarily to my degree -- I know you're thinking... is that even possible???), I highly recommend it! I sure would love to check it out. I guess we'll see. They even do special weather balloon launches for the event!For more info about WeatherFest 2010, check out this link.

Have a great day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...