The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So much for rain...

My wonderful groom and I at the parkSo much for that 40% rain chance yesterday. Nothing ever came of it. Sure it threatened to act up. It was a little breezy and the sky was overcast much of the day, and even more exciting, there was some beautiful virga (rain that doesn't make it to the ground)and a hint of mammatus (bumpy clouds),Subtle mammatus and some powerful virga... so my wonderful groom and I seized the opportunity to picnic at the park for lunch. boy trying to fly a kiteIt was such a beautiful day, except for the thick layer of breath-stealing pollen resonating the entire environment. Who needs to be able breathe? It's over-rated, right? Regardless, it was a beautiful, sunshine-y day, and I had a great time watching a little boy try to fly his kite. He was successful once. My camera wasn't ready. It was funny watching him drag it around in the grass.

Last Thursday, I had some spectacular skies. I was impressed with the silver lining on the cloud, on a day as discouraging as April 15th (for some), but I also enjoyed the cloud shadows as the sun set and the way a somewhat corona formed as the sun melted the sky on its way down. Very cool.Silver Lining with crepuscular raysCloud ShadowsCorona

On Saturday, we hosted game night with some friends. The most exciting picture is an after creation by my dear friend. We had to break out the play-doh for our Cranium game. I love the way the Play-doh container reflects on the table. Too cool!

As for weather, they actually have something popping in the extended forecast. It's been a while. Looks like this weekend could be turbulent for folks in the plains. Nothing here... are we surprised?

~Dewdrop

1 comment:

Dew comment, please...