The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, May 05, 2010

The IT Nazis!

In the world of IT-Nazis , I have been blocked… access to my blog limited to mere 10 minute quota. I am disgusted. I am saddened. This blog is my window to the world. It’s where I peak out and say, “Hey, y’all! This is what’s going on here. What you got going on???” Unfortunately, that portal has been obstructed, and I am allowed only a small window to look out and connect with my dear blog world of friends. That’s ok. I will survive, and no matter what, I will still bring you the weather.

So, the only tornado report yesterday was in Wisconsin.

Tornado Reports (CSV) (Raw Tornado CSV)

Time Location County State Lat Lon Comments
0012 4 W WINCHESTER WINNEBAGO WI 4420 8874 (GRB)
A storm chaser was on it, and actually got some footage of it, so I know it was actually a tornado. It’s insane to me that the storms are already firing up that far north. The plains season has been sad this year. It’s really not been a great season for storm chasers. Unfortunately, the storms that have occurred have hit largely populated areas, so the deaths related to the fewer storms is much higher than I would have expected.
...NUMBER OF TORNADOES... NUMBER OF KILLER
TORNADO DEATHS TORNADOES
..2010.. 2009 2008 2007 3YR 3YR 3YR
PREL ACT ACT ACT ACT AV 10 09 08 07 AV 10 09 08 07 AV
JAN 41 28 6 84 21 37 0 0 7 2 3 0 0 4 1 2
FEB 1 1 36 147 52 78 0 9 59 22 30 0 2 12 3 6
MAR 36 - 115 129 170 138 1 0 4 27 10 1 0 3 10 4
APR 197 - 226 189 167 194 11 6 0 9 5 2 3 0 3 2
Given the fact that so far this year, we have seen only approximately 50% of the tornadoes we saw last year at the same point, the fact that we have already seen 12 tornado deaths through April, versus the 15 at the same point in 2009. Granted, 2 of the very few tornadoes we have had so far were rated EF4.
Vortex 2, the Great Tornado Hunt, as it’s been dubbed by TWC is off and… standing still… They seem to repel weather the way I do. I hate it for them. They have a lot of resources and time wrapped up in this month long tornado chasing project, and they haven’t had a bite yet. Fortunately, it looks like the forecast is warming up further south for some action next week. The SPC has outlined an area of potential severe action in the better chased areas of the southern plains. Hopefully, that’ll give the project what they are after and keep all the action away from these populated areas, which would protect lives.

Have a beautiful IT Nazi-free day!
~Dewdrop

3 comments:

  1. The tornado took place 15 miles north of Oshkosh. On my north side it was dark as night and on my south side you could see open skies off in the distance. We just missed the worst of that storm, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Shakes fist at IT Nazis!*

    I can totally understand the IT Nazi problem!

    One thing worse than the Dewvoid striking the Plains is the arrival of the Vortex 2 crowd! I hope they have better luck this year!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...