The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chasing and Chaser Convergence... a little different in the south.

It's so nice to have access to my blog back. I've missed it. I had a dud of a chase attempt on a date with my wonderful groom on Friday. We were getting ready to talk out the door for some sushi (which I had been craving like a mad woman) when my weather radio goes off... severe thunderstorm warning on a cell 5 miles south of me?! UGH! So, we quickly loaded up and trying to get under it (no rotation) to possibly nab some hail. There was some associated straight line damage, trees and such, but by the time we got on it... can you say dissipation?! Oh well, maybe next time.
After we finally gave up and gave in to our hunger, the line organized and produced some decent hail and wind damage. We missed all that, but the sushi sure was yum-diddly-ummy. The guy sitting behind us at the restaurant was being contacted about a tree down on his business. Oops.

On Sunday, got a rare treat, Meso Mike back from his tour in Korea was in the area getting ready for his PCS to Germany... eww... not much storm chasetunities in Germany. Oh well, at least we got a chance to visit with him before he takes off. Rick and I went up to see him. Here's what I got with my new Rebel;).
Here's looking at you, kid.Us and our Dew Dancin' BuddhasThe crewThat's right, we're bad, we know it.Dew Dancin' Buddha!!
Always an adventure when you get the Dew involved...
~Dewdrop

1 comment:

  1. Dewdrop: can there be romantic storm-chaser fiction? I have tried this summer to start a blog and write! It is about two beautiful chasers caught in the TX wildfires, I wish you would check it out.
    www.rostranovum.blogspot.com
    Enjoy!
    --Mark Pills

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...