The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Checking out the Hurricane Hunter

Looks like blogging is off the IT Nazi radar for now, so I am going to update you on a partial dream attainment from this weekend. Well, I say dream attainment, this was just a portion of one of the items on my "Dew's Must Dew Before I Die List" (see right sidebar of my blog). Wonder Jenn Powers Activate!!You see, flying into a hurricane on one of the Hurricane Hunters is on my list (not an easy goal as a civilian), but I did get to tour one! On Saturday, the Hurricane Hunter was on tour at the National Weather Service in Peachtree City. Negotiating My storm chasing pal, Jenn (yes, there is another storm chasing Jenn in Georgia-crazy) pointed the tour out to me, and we quickly set plans in motion to rendezvous there. Woohoo!!! What a thrill it was to finally see the converted C130 face-to-face, to walk through, to sit in the pilot's chair, to chat with the crew! Loved it. Only thing better would be to fly into a hurricane on it, or as I was suggesting to Jenn and Jesse (another storm chasing pal who met me at Peachtree City)... I could fly on the Hurricane Hunter into a hurricane and then sky dive out... fulfilling several things on my list at once... hurricane chase (check), flight into hurricane on the hunter (check), sky diving (check!)... but I realize that will not likely happen (the sky dive, not the hunter flight... still holding out hope on that one.) So anyways, a full day of Hunter touring, NWS touring, CoCoRaHS training and chaser convergence... That makes for a great day! Chaser ConvergenceA few of my friends suggested I should "take pics"... do they not know me????
This cracked me up... they are flying into thunderstorms... it might rain. LOL!Coolest shirt ever. I had to own one.
Have a splendid day!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...