The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, December 02, 2011

The first step... awareness

Oh hey, remember me? Probably not. I don't blame you. I've sort of dropped out of the blogosphere into several other social media outlets. I miss having a place to share and teach weather though, so I have decided that I would like to turn this back into a current weather teaching site. I am firm in my position that awareness (regarding weather) saves lives. I think that knowing some key information can help you to be proactive in preparedness. Being as passionate about weather as I am, many friends have taken to calling me during severe weather outbreaks. This scares me to death sometimes. The NWS has a very important tool in place that is designed to help people in the event of a weather emergency, the weather radio. I think every home should have one. You wouldn't believe some of the excuses I have heard from people about why they don't use theirs... it was annoying me with all those weather alerts... being the scariest. LUDICROUS!! They are there to warn you, to help SAVE YOUR LIFE! Don't turn off the alerts and worse... DON'T NOT HAVE A WEATHER RADIO! I think all homes should have weather radios built in. I think it should requires like smoke detectors. So...

STEP 1, LESSON 1: BUY A WEATHER RADIO!!

That is all!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...