The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, July 27, 2006

Taking Flight

I've been set on a course that I can't turn away from. There is a desire burning within me to make it happen. Perhaps, I don't have adequate training. Perhaps, I have a lot to learn, but that's what it's all about.

I have had a small taste of storm chasing. I am a certified Skywarn spotter. I have a little training, and I have a true passion for the science of the storm. With these things, I expect that my passion and experience will grow. I realize that chasing storms in South Georgia is not ideal. In fact, it can be quite dangerous. You don't have the same visibility as out west. Convective systems spontaneously erupt here, sometimes when you least expect them. I had a chance at some real OJT, but, unfortunately, that fell through, but the dream lives on within me. Nothing will put out this fire that burns within me.

Join me as I take flight. The journey of a budding storm chaser in South Georgia. Join me as I pursue my dreams... on my own... cause I'm cool like that.

~ Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...