The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, August 24, 2006

Debby's Going to be a FISH!!

Well, most models are putting Debby out to sea. Some don't show her becoming a hurricane, but others put her at Cat 2... out to sea... Oh well, that's not the Debby I was expecting. Good for the non-victims, I suppose. But looky, looky, looky... This one shouldn't be a fish. This one will get its start at almost the same point TS Chris (may he rest in peace) started. We'll see what #5 does...

SATELLITE IMAGES INDICATE THAT THE STRONG TROPICAL WAVE APPROACHING THE WINDWARD ISLANDS REMAINS WELL-ORGANIZED AND HEAVY SQUALLS ARE BEGINNING TO SPREAD OVER THESE ISLANDS. SINCE CONDITIONS APPEAR TO BE FAVORABLE FOR A TROPICAL DEPRESSION OR A TROPICAL STORM TO FORM LATER TODAY...INTERESTS IN THE WINDWARD ISLANDS AND THE
SOUTHEASTERN CARIBBEAN SEA SHOULD MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM. AN AIR FORCE RESERVE UNIT RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT IS SCHEDULED TO INVESTIGATE THE SYSTEM THIS AFTERNOON.

Today, we have a hazardous weather outlook again. We'll see what happens. Yesterday was a non-event until last night when we had some soothing rumblings as I drifted off to sleep. That was nice. The harmonic lull of mother nature. I was tempted to try to practice my night shooting, but I decided against it in the end.

I played some with my camera yesterday, taking pictures of darling daughter and doggone dog. I got the best shot ever of my dog. Darling daughter was uncooperative. Here's one of the dog shots though. You don't have a basis for comparison, but believe me, it's good.



Tomorrow is a big day. I will be participating in my 5th Day of Caring event, which is a mentoring opportunity coordinated by the United Way. We get paired up with children who have less than fortunate circumstances and make them feel special for the day, while we spend one-on-one time with them at Wild Adventures. It's very rewarding. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate. Looks like it will until 2 (It's over at 1:15.) After that, at 4, I have an outdoor wedding to attend. I don't know that that will turn out as well, weather-wise, but I hope so for the sake of the bride and groom. 70% POPS... yikes...


Friday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Partly cloudy, with a high near 89. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 73. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

For now,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...