The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Hello... Chris.


National Weather Service Says again... (getting a little redundant):

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT...
ISOLATED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS THE AREA TODAY...ESPECIALLY THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING...AS THE HEAT OF THE DAY COMBINES WITH IN PLACE MOISTURE AND INSTABILITY. OVER NORTH FLORIDA...A SEA BREEZE IS EXPECTED BY THE AFTERNOON AND AS IT MOVES INLAND...IT WILL ENHANCE THE DEVELOPMENT OF SHOWERS
AND THUNDERSTORMS. THE MAIN THREAT TODAY FROM THE STORMS WILL BE STRONG GUSTY WINDS AND HAIL. AN ISOLATED SEVERE STORM WILL BE POSSIBLE.


But looky, looky, we have Chris. Welcome TS Chris. I never thought you'd get here. I still predict that Debby will pack the biggest punch (... I digress). So far, looks similar to the path of ...Katrina..., except she started a little bit closer to the states. When Katrina went through southern Florida last year, I was depending on some folks down there selling their house to buy mine, and so I was praying hard that nothing happened down there. Who would have thought H Katrina would pack that much. My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were impacted and, in fact, devastated by that storm. Amazing the power of a storm. Maybe that's why I'm so awed. Maybe Chris will be nicer than Katrina was, a kinder, gentler storm, with outflow bands that give me excellent photo ops... One can dream.

Tonight I meet with the Amateur Radio folks. I am excited to be journeying into that area. I must say though, I hate talking into radios, over.

That's all for me now.

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...