The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, August 10, 2006

Remember Friday?

Remember on Friday, I got those really awesome lightning shots during the thunderstorm. Well, the one I took in my backyard, where you can see it popping from behind a tree, I'll share it here...

Well, I found out yesterday that that tree and the fence next to it was hit by lightning, possibly from that same bolt, but I don't think so because the reason I went outside is because there was a huge clap of thunder and the cable went out, so that is possibly when lightning struck about 30 feet from where I was taking photographs during the same storm. I'm not the brightest storm chaser, I know... Remember, if you can hear thunder, you are in danger of being struck by lightning. Seek shelter. Also, if lightning is popping all around you, get your butt inside. (pics of hollowed out tree and damaged fence)

Pretty Amazing, huh?

Besides my backyard, elsewhere we have a potential TD #4... #4? Where have all the TD's gone??? We are on #4... Good grief. It looks like something might be trying to stir up in the Caribbean... It doesn't look impressive to me, but what do I know? Hurricanes Dennis and Emily got their start down there last year. TS Alpha also started down there, but that was pretty late in the season, so that one became a fish. I had a friend evacuate to my house during Dennis, and her house had some damage, but she lives in Navarre, so she got hit head on. No mention of the mess in the Gulf, which isn't terribly impressive, but THC hasn't raised any red flags.

TLH radar is undergoing maintenance, so nothing on it... forecast:

.DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT...A SURFACE TROUGH LOCATED ACROSS CENTRAL ALABAMA AND GEORGIA WILL SAG SOUTH LATER TODAY AND SERVE AS THE FOCUS FOR MAINLY AFTERNOON AND EVENING SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ...ESPECIALLY OVER GEORGIA AND ALABAMA. ANY STORMS THAT DEVELOP SHOULD REMAIN BELOW SEVERE LIMITS...BUT SOME COULD PRODUCE HEAVY RAINS AND A FEW MAY PRODUCE GUSTY WINDS. TEMPERATURES WILL ONCE AGAIN BE WARM...WITH INLAND HIGHS IN THE LOW TO MID 90S COMBINED WITH DEW POINTS IN THE 70S WILL GENERATE HEAT INDICES APPROACHING 105 DEGREES.

Why do I bother? Yesterday, there was nothing. It looked like one might have hit to the south of us, but nothing up our way. I took some cloud shots, and so did LL (great minds think alike). South Georgia Weather just isn't that active right now. At least, we are getting our afternoon storms. I was starting to think that my blossoming interest in weather had killed our chances of seeing rain.

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...