The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, August 21, 2006

Vigorous... gets my blood flowing


I took that picture. Me... Dewdrop in South Georgia. Can you believe it?! I rock!

VIGOROUS TROPICAL WAVE IS LOCATED A FEW HUNDRED MILES EAST-SOUTHEAST OF THE CAPE VERDE ISLANDS. THE ASSOCIATED CLOUDINESS AND SHOWERS CONTINUE TO SHOW SIGNS OF ORGANIZATION...AND SOME DEVELOPMENT OF THIS SYSTEM IS POSSIBLE OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AS IT MOVES WESTWARD TO WEST-NORTHWESTWARD NEAR 15 MPH.

Do we have a potential storm here? So soon? It's only the end of August... lol

Nothing much going on here. 50% POPS, hit and miss. We'll see what happens. I got a shot at a rainbow yesterday, but it was too blurry and far from where I was. It didn't come out good. I need to learn more about my settings.

Out west, some people caught twin twisters on video yesterday. The footage is amazing. The Weather Channel showed the amateur video and commented that it was a chasers dream to catch twins on video. I know; I was drooling. : ) Hubby and I have decided that we will get each other a video camera for Christmas. When we go out west for a storm chase (he actually said he'd do it - he'd better be more cooperative than that one night when I was trying to get lightning), we can bring that. That and a list of repeater stations out there, so we can communicate with people on our journey since we'll have General Licenses by then...

Let me include some pics from the J'ville trip. The flower is my favorite shot to date. The sky shot with the rays was on our way home. Breathtaking. The other one was taken while I was standing on the beach.









For now,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...