The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, September 14, 2006

Our First Major Hurricane!!!

Seriously, a major hurricane, in September...so soon? lol.

Last year, on July 10th, we had C3 Dennis, but he was actually a 4 at one point, so we are way behind here. More important to note is that Major C3 Hurricane Gordon (120mph winds) will not be impacting land. The NHC anticipates that Gordon has reached his peak. Cold waters ahead. He is beautiful on satellite though. He sucked up the low I mentioned in the Lesser Antilles... Storm Hog! We now have Tropical Storm Helene treading in open waters, slowly gaining steam. They expect she will also become a hurricane, but she should also hook to the North... Perhaps another Bermuda impact, but it's too soon to tell. There's another something off of Africa on Helene's tail. Too soon to tell on that one. Could be the future Isaac. I think that it's important to note here that all of the tropical depressions this year have become named storms... Pretty cool little tidbit.

Here, we have clear skies ahead. We have some fog, but the sun should free it up.

Tonight is my last photography class, so sad. I have so much more to learn. Bummer. Maybe, my instructor will take me up on my offer to work weddings with him. Wouldn't that be awesome?! I will share this pic of the sky. I took it a while back, again riding down the road. Hubby was driving, so I was being safe, unlike in the one I took today. I haven't downloaded yet...

That's all I've got folks.

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...