The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Friday, October 06, 2006

How many ways are there to say nothing's going to happen???

I find it amusing that the Tropical Prediction Center has found so many ways to say that they don't expect development, always covering their hides with the over-used "unfavorable" description. Well, we didn't say it would happen, but we didn't say it wouldn't either... Today they say:
UPPER-LEVEL WINDS ARE FORECAST TO REMAIN UNFAVORABLE FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT. CONDITIONS ARE NOT FAVORABLE FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE FORMATION.

Locally, we have a slight chance of rain in our forecast. We are past the point where I want it for selfish reasons. We are dry! We need rain!!!
ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS MAY DEVELOP TODAY AS A COLD FRONT MOVES SOUTHEASTWARD ACROSS THE AREA. GUSTY WINDS MAY ACCOMPANY THESE STORMS...

In honor of tonight's Harvest Moon, I thought I would include a picture that I took a while back of a moonrise. I got a preview of it last night while I was outside in the late evening. The moon was brilliant and near full. It lit up the sky, and it rose so early... Really spectacular!

Hubby and I have a date planned for tonight, but I don't know how that will work out. We wanted to go see "The Guardian", but the timing is all wrong, so I don't know what we'll do. So many choices. I'm thinking Chinese and a movie, but I would also like to go to Wild Adventures for their Phobia. I love to be scared!!! (I'm a blast in a haunted house!)

I'd better run. I still don't have a call sign. Federal Government though... you know how that goes...

73,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...