The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, October 23, 2006

Life is in the detours...

Well, as I said, I was a little concerned about getting caught in some rain during my drive home, so I delayed my departure slightly, but I couldn't delay it too much because I had to be back in South Georgia by 6:00 PM to purchase some tickets that went on sale at that time (Christmas present for darling daughter -- shhhhhh...). I took my time driving down. I don't particularly like interstate travel, especially in congested areas, such as near Atlanta.

At one point on my journey, I saw a sign for High Falls State Park, and though I have seen the sign many times before, this time, I felt a strong urge to stop. Initially, I thought... what if this is some desolate park with evil predators awaiting spontaneous novice photographers so they can pounce on them upon arrival, and then, I decided, what the hay... imagine the pictures! So I pulled off the interstate onto some woodsy road in the middle of nowhere, headed toward nowhere, just following the brown signs which could lead me to some really awesome photo ops. Then, I saw it... off to the side, a trickle of water flowing under the road, a dam holding water in a small lake. Apparently, our dry spell has hit this area hard, as there was more rock than water flowing, but with the greens, golds, oranges and reds, it was a spectacular site nonetheless. I parked my vehicle, grabbed my camera, and started to explore. It was so quiet, except for a private party on the opposite side, the faint sound of children playing, laughing, created a soft backdrop, a pleasing sound. You could hear the trickle of water as it carved its way through the rocky terrain, cutting its own path... I could relate. I could imagine the river at it's peak, the rocky dam allowing just enough of a falls, water rushing through rocks. The low water level created a desolate feel. A river forgotten.

Here is one pic. My PC is giving me trouble. I'll post another seperately.






It's true that life is in the detours. I can't imagine having not experienced that falls. It made my trip home that much more special (well, that and the strawberry milkshake detour... which I am pleased to say revealed that Burger King once again has the Italian Chicken sandwich for a limited time only. If you haven't tried it... you must. Yum!) Better still is that when I arrived home, I was informed that I had just missed the torrential downpour, which would have been awful to drive in. My little detours made my drive easier and much, much more pleasant. Life is a journey.

Locally, it's cool and windy, beautiful fall weather. Nothing much on the near horizon. No Atlantic storms, but I feel content. I am patient. It will come.

73,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...