The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cold, nothing but cold...

Hardly seems fair... we get the cold front without having the severe weather...? I don't like that one bit. I don't even like the cold. My feet and fingers go numb so quickly, it hurts. I'm OK at taking the bad with the good, but the bad by itself...? Come on. All sorts of fire advisories... that means, no dew, no moisture, no storms.

I watched Birmingham on GR last night. They were getting some lightning strikes, but not too frequently, 4 strikes in 60 minutes isn't too impressive... but it was the only place where anything was going on. I am finally able to see my little inactive icon from the spotter network thanks to some Allisonhouse.com accessories (is that what they're called?)... I didn't do anything to change my settings from what they were, but suddenly there I was, just like magic. Even played a little with the products. I definitely prefer the composite reflectivity, all the pretty colors... not here of course. Nothing in the forecast, except a slight chance of showers on Monday... not even worth mentioning.

This morning, while I was watching the news, the weather report came on just as darling daughter was walking through the room. She actually got excited seeing convective systems on the screen... future storm chaser... ;-) I couldn't be more proud.

Yesterday, before, I went home, I stopped to take some shots of the sunset. One plus side to the time change (besides the extra hour of sleep) is the fact that I have an awesome view of the sunset when I am getting off of work. Have I mentioned how much I love sky shots? I really need to take a road trip up into the mountains. I love the way the sun sets in the mountains. Throw in a couple of water falls, and I might never return home... lol

OK, folks, today could be the big day... the day I've been working toward for the last 4 years. The day I could lose 10 inches of hair (if I have it to spare--donating to Locks of Love). I think it's ready. I know I'm ready! It would've been better timed this summer when it was so hot, but it'll be OK. Lots of people with short hair make it through the winter, especially here. I'm so excited! Next time you hear from me, I might be a changed dewdrop.

Oh, I just checked my profile, and noticed that I am up to 220 profile views. Holy guacamole!!! I've got a lot of people checking me out. I really do have a lot of adoring fans. Thank you, thank you very much...

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...