The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, November 19, 2006

Old friends...

When the dewdrops in the grass turn white, you know it's cold... jeepers creepers. Tallahassee actually talks about me in their discussion about tomorrow... TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE FOR NON COLD WEATHER FANS ...WINDS LOOK TO BE QUITE STRONG WITH THE TIGHTENING PRESSURE GRADIENT...ON THE ORDER OF 15 TO 20 MPH AND GUSTY. Not looking good for us cold-natured folks... layers! Wear lots and lots of layers.

I have had a ball this weekend catching up with old friends on MySpace (yes, GK, MySpace, lol - don't knock it 'til you try it.) One of my 5th grade friends found me there, and she was the one who took RSVPs for the reunion, so she has the scoop on everyone, and everyone who is out there is on her friends list. A rush of memories. I left Massachusetts after 6th grade, so it's been such a long time since I have talked to many of them. She has contact info for my very best friend from 6th grade. I can't wait to catch up with her. It has really been fantastic learning about the folks I used to know. The most compelling reason we had for leaving MA was the extreme cold weather. It was so horrible on my asthma... now, it's followed me down here. I'm already wheezing...

A funny: Darling daughter had a friend come over yesterday who stayed for dinner. I made my Sour Cream Chicken (it has been known to make people beg for more), and that child started to moan (no lie) when she was eating it. She started shoving it down her throat in bucketfulls... Apparently a fan of my cooking. Just call me Rachael Ray... lol!

That's all I've got for now. I need to help darling daughter prepare breakfast. She wants to make eggs. Wish us luck.

Toodaloo,
~A Frosty Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...