The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Remember that old commercial, where's the beef? Well, I say, where's the storm?!

Well, as suspected... my camera would not shoot night shots... I had some great views of some of the contrasting clouds. Light against dark, storm rolling over, and the camera saw NOTHING, pitch black, on every setting! Is that crazy or what?! I am thinking I might need a film camera for that sake, but I'm going to call my teacher... He'll know.

Then, the lightning, it was all around me. I couldn't distinguish where its source was. A flash would light up the whole area. Then the storm, to top it all off, didn't come! Where was the beautiful storm that I saw while I was watching earlier? It must be the dewdrop curse... I want it. I want it so bad, I can taste it (really) and NOTHING! So unfair. Good news is that I was able to fulfill the requirements of Rule #2 Live to Chase Another Day! Yes, and I'll be patient. It will come...

Off to watch GR now, while I watch Dancing with the Stars, of course...

8:15 Update: Oh my gosh!! It looks like I left my spot a little too soon (the disadvantage of not having GR mobile)... We are about to get hammered with this. It is right there!!! To top it all off, Dancing with the Stars is knocked out. There is only a blank screen. Look at this GR image... It's upon us... almost here... whew. In case you're unsure, I am near where it says KVAX... That's the nearest radar to me. Time to batton down the hatches folks. It's about to get N-A-S-T-Y! It might be a good thing I'm not out in this... It looks rough!! I can't believe I lost Dancing with Stars... it's the finale for Pete's sake!

8:20 update: Tornado reported in Taylor County, FL, causing some damage. This storm is HOT!

8:30 Tornadoes are tearing through the southeast... LL wants me to call her if anything comes... Certainly.

8:40 Here it is. I am going outside to watch...

8:50 Wind blowing, north-south at the same time, pushing against me, trying to knock me down... howling through the trees, lightning flashing all around, thunder rumbling, sounding like a train. No hail... good for hubby's truck parked outside. No tornado... good for our house, which I love. Lots of rain, good for the thirsty lawn. Whew... deep breaths.

9:00 Well, the worst of it looks to be behind us. There are still opportunities for something to form, but trends don't support that. The really intense part seems to be behind me... Wow, what a storm! How I do love a good storm... I've really enjoyed this one.

Unfortunately, Emmitt smith won Dancing... oh well... It came back on just in time for that announcement. Should have been Mario...

9:05 Was just a tornado warning in Madison County. I've got a co-worker who lives down there... I sure hope she's ok.

9:15 A couple of mesos just hopped up on the radar at the GA/FL line... not real strong ones, but they are there.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...