The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Saturday, December 16, 2006

Crazy holiday days...

Last night, darling daughter had a Christmas Program at the local auditorium... I think all these programs that she has had have helped break her out of her stage fright, which was horribly bad in the early years. She was actually on stage smiling this time. In the past, if she made eye contact, she would get incredibly nervous and drop her head. I am so very proud of her! Really cool though was during the program, I was, of course, taking pictures, and the man sitting behind me was watching me do that, apparently, and at a point, he said, "OK, you've got to tell me where you got that camera... I have been watching you take pictures, and the zoom is so crisp, so much detail... it's amazing." Let me tell you, that was enough to shoot me up to cloud 9... He wasn't just complimenting my camera, but also my photography, whether he knew it or not. Given the lighting and the motion, I had to play with the settings... I adjusted the white balance, shutter speed and aperture. One of the pictures I shot is amazing. I will be submitting it for possible use in the yearbook. Anyway, I shared the camera specs with the on-looker and continued shooting, until darling daughter was obstructed by another child... then, I had to sit and "enjoy" the rest of the show for the next 2 1/2 hours. Yawn.

Today is an insane day!!! I have to prepare a dish for lunch with the Girl Scouts, pick up one of the other Girl Scouts and her mom, drive to the awards luncheon, drop off the other Girl Scout and her mom, rush to camp for darling daughter, make final arrangements for darling daughter for tonight, return home for wrapping presents, making gifts for my co-workers, addressing Christmas cards, and cleaning, and then, head to a party at hubby's boss's house, an annual tradition.

The weather is expected to be beautiful. It'll be a little cold tonight, and we'll be outside, so I'll bundle up. Tomorrow, it should be beautiful and mostly clear, perfect sunset capturing weather. I plan to chase the sun.

Anyhow, I'm off to take care of step one of my hectic day.

Toodaloo,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...