The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, December 03, 2006

It didn't rain on my parade...

Good Golly Miss Molly! 26 Degrees is the forecast lo for tomorrow night... 26 degrees!!! I thought that I was in South Georgia, but apparently Canada is coming to town, and of course all we have to show for this impending cold is a light drizzle... does wonders for the do, don't you know... I read on another blog about Supercell Deprivation Syndrome (SDS), and I defintely have symptoms. It's just not normal to get as excited as I do watching the funnel of water being sucked down the drain... looking for rotation in high Cirrus clouds... actually starting to believe the Weather Channel when they overdramatize nothing; thereby thinking we might get something - HA!... and getting excited about a baby squall line that produces a downpour (no thunder or CG) for only a matter of minutes... Would I do that????? Yes, folks, SDS... I truly need help.

Darling daughter told Santa yesterday that she wants a laptop for Christmas... I think NOT. There is no way that Diva will get a laptop before me. I see no value in her having one. Fortunately, Santa already prepared her for the inevitable... He told her he may not have enough for everyone... but he'll see what he can do... perhaps because he's bringing one to me...? Nah... Quit dreaming, Dew.

The parade was perfect, except for the 1.9 mile hike down the road, which caused trauma to my knee (apparently, I have no shoes made for walking and my mother's knees - terrible combination). The weather couldn't have been better. Clear skies... cool weather (I was comfortable in a turtle neck, t-shirt and sweatshirt).. perfect. Hubby's float was a huge success... kids sledding down a hill, snow, the north star, three wise man... it truly was fabulous... should find out next week whether or not they won the contest, but the judges seemed impressed... It was an exhaustive Saturday... We crashed almost as soon as we got home.

Today... I skate (if my knee will cooperate). At least we didn't plan an outdoor party for the team. The weather is not in support of outdoor activities. Hubby should enjoy getting up the Christmas decor outside...

I'd better go and get ready for church.

Toodles,
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...