The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Sunday, January 14, 2007

...and the POPS go down

Took this pic in my neighborhood as we were heading out of town yesterday. There was a layer of dense fog just at the tree line, combined with the colors being cast off by the rising sun... it was very calming, very serene. I made hubby stop the vehicle so I could compose a shot. We got to our destination so early that I wish I had taken some more time to capture some stuff up that way, but instead we stopped at a really entertaining breakfast diner. That place was hopping. We were in Albany, and I had originally considered taking some shots of the Flint River while there, but after seeing it... I decided... ewww... looks pretty nasty right now.

Looks like the POPS for Monday/Tuesday continue to diminish as the front approaching weakens... maybe some rain is what I suspect at this point... yes, but folks, there is hope... though I'm not getting mine up... wording in the long term discussion hints at something possibly in our future:
UNSETTLED CONDITIONS CONTINUING INTO SATURDAY AS WE EVENTUALLY HAVE TO CONTEND WITH ANOTHER COLD FRONT. I don't have much to be excited about with that... I can't chase that day, have big plans for the next two weekends... Perhaps, I should just bite the bullet and watch "Twister"... again, get it out of my system. Oh, and I'm so glad I didn't waste my precious sleep time on SPC and NWS last night... what a let down.

You know, I actually passed up a sunrise shot this morning that was spectacular, just for a couple more hours of sleep. The doggone dog woke me earlier than my alarm, so I went to let him out, and the sky was just breathtaking, a buffet of colors painted through patches of stratocumulus, a red ball of fire just barely peaking over what I see as the suburban horizon. I hesitated for a moment, thinking about grabbing the camera, but the bed won that fight, as I could hear it calling out to me, "Dew, get back to bed!" Of course, when I got back into bed, hubby's snoring was shouting at me, "Silly Dew, why didn't you take your chance when you had it? You'll never fall asleep with this racket! Ha Ha Ha!" One good thwomp later, I was able to get a long enough break in the noise, to catch a few more ZZZ's, only to be awakened by a thwomp in return as hubby helped me to hear the beckoning alarm, which apparently I had chosen to tune out.

For all you procrastinators out there, cookie orders will be accepted until January 21st, so if you are interested, get with me. Anybody want some cookies?

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...