The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, January 04, 2007

It's almost here...

Horrible reports out of LA today... Apparently, there was a tornado in New Iberia, LA, which caused at least one fatality, 3 children are missing and 15 people have been hospitalized. Winds over the Gulf have been reported at 35knots. Pointe Coupee County, LA, also reported a possible tornado, but they are just calling it thunderstorm damage now... Quite a little system we have headed our way. It is forecast to weaken in the AM but then reintensify in the afternoon. This is their wording: OVERALL STRUCTURE OF THE SQUALL LINE MAY TEND TO BECOME DISORGANIZED AND WEAKEN FRIDAY MORNING AS UPPER SUPPORT WEAKENS. CONVECTIVE OUTFLOWS... HOWEVER... MAY BE IMPETUS FOR ADDITIONAL STORMS /OR RE-INTENSIFICATION OF MORNING ACTIVITY/ DOWNSTREAM IN THE UNSTABLE ENVIRONMENT FRIDAY AFTN. Looks like a good one coming right up. I might get to chase yet. I have my gear packed up, so if it looks good tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to find a spot, set up the tripod and shoot what I love... lightning... maybe even a meso or... a TORNADO!!! (Scary and exciting all at the same time). I'll need to head somewhere where I can see long distances... need a good view from the east of the west-southwest. It's just got to hang in there for me. Let me just say though that right now, that system is a mess. It's all over the place, no clear line, no real structure... It needs to clean up its act.

My heartfelt prayers go out to the families in LA impacted by this system. I hope they find those 3 children alive and well. What a terrible situation!

Also, prayers for all of us in this area tomorrow, especially for all the crazy chasers out there like me. Remember rule #2 be smart and safe, live to chase another day. I am so very excited! I only wish I had Gibson Ridge mobile. I have decided that when I get my laptop, I will use my phone to dial in (put that number in my circle...) I will post updates tomorrow.

Update via SPC:
A SECOND FATALITY WAS FOUND IN NEW IBERIA. THERE ARE CURRENTLY THREE INDIVIDUALS IN CRITICAL CONDITION. ONE OF THE THREE CHILDREN HAS BEEN FOUND, BUT DISPOSITION UNKNOWN Terrible...

Time for bed for me... big day tomorrow.
~Dewdrop

1 comment:

  1. southern tier of line has intensified over last hour..bears watching,,

    ReplyDelete

Dew comment, please...