The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Monday, January 01, 2007

The Next Main Event...

Well, that was nothing, that storm last night was just enough to keep too many people from coming to our house (whew!) and not enough to get me excited. The lightning was spectacular, but it was also short lived. We got about .8" of rain, as indicated by my brand new rain gauge... The winds never got too high, not above about 6mph. Pressure stayed at about 1014mb, but my SIL complained of a headache which she blamed on the pressure down here in South Georgia. I noticed last night that some wind rolled a mobile home in Unadilla damaging another home, but that was the only report I saw.

The guys started setting off fireworks at our house long before midnight, so I am sure the neighbors were loving us... NOT! The backyard is a disaster from silly string, confetti poppers and fireworks, but everyone had a good time.

Our next event appears to be on the table for Thursday. The SPC has the word SEVERE (evil grin) posted on the map closer to Alabama, but Thursday is pretty far out. A lot can change in that amount of time. I guess I'll just wait and see. What more is there to do, really? SDS not too bad with these little squalls squleching my appetite.

Anyways, I am about to take SIL to the grocery store to stock up on breakfast foods for in the morning, since I'll be home. Darling daughter has practice, and I have no idea when they are leaving, so I might need to plan for lunch too...

That's all I have for now. Hope all is well with everyone!

Happy New Year!
~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...