The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
-Psalm 19:1

Do you know that God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash?
-Job 37:15



Thursday, February 08, 2007

I don't know what it is about this picture. It's really not all that impressive, but everytime I see it, I like it, so I decided to share it. I took it back in December, and I think it's all the Spanish moss draping from the tree with the sunlight shining through. I just like it. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose.

The SPC said:
CURRENTLY...IT APPEARS THE GREATEST POTENTIAL FOR A MORE ORGANIZED SEVERE WEATHER THREAT /FEB 12TH AND 13TH/ WILL EXIST ALONG AND S OF THE I-20 CORRIDOR (way on up there...grrrr) WHERE STRENGTHENING WIND FIELDS WILL BECOME CO-LOCATED WITH NRN EXTENT OF DEEPER AND MORE MOIST BOUNDARY LAYER AIR MASS ADVECTING NWD FROM THE GULF OF MEXICO.

Kelly said: IF THE CURRENT GFS AND EURO VERIFY...THIS WOULD PLACE THE CWA ENTIRELY IN THE WARM SECTOR ON TUESDAY WITH BETWEEN 12 AND 18 HOURS OF RETURN FLOW BEFORE THE COLD FRONT PASSES THROUGH THE REGION ON TUESDAY. THIS WOULD LIKELY INCREASE THE AVAILABLE INSTABILITY FOR THUNDERSTORMS... BUT THE NORTHWARD TRACK (doggone models tracking it more to our north than yesterday... seems to me like they are trying to steal my thunder.) OF THE SURFACE LOW WOULD MEAN SLIGHTLY LESS FAVORABLE DYNAMICS THAN WERE PRESENT IN THE MODELS YESTERDAY (60KT LLJ YESTERDAY COMPARED TO 45KT LLJ TODAY). NEVERTHELESS... CURRENT CONVECTIVE PARAMETERS DO SUPPORT INCLUDING THUNDER IN THE GRIDS (SBCAPE OF 1000 J/KG AND LI OF -2C) AND WILL DO SO FOR TUESDAY MORNING AND AFTERNOON WHEN THE ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT WILL BE MOVING INTO THE REGION. SPC HAS MENTIONED THE POSSIBILITY OF SEVERE WEATHER IN ITS EXPERIMENTAL FORECAST FROM YESTERDAY AND WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT THIS PRODUCT SAYS LATER THIS MORNING. BUT THIS POTENTIAL EVENT DOES CONTINUE TO BEAR WATCHING. So I guess cautious optimism is in order in this scenario. I can be content with cautious optimism, and I refuse to get my hopes up only to be crushed. I am pretty eager to chase, but I know rule #1... PATIENCE. If it's meant to be, it will be.

As for the rest of the forecast, possibly some precip tonight... a silent 10 POPS. It's still funny to me that they talk about a silent 10. They only put 20 and higher on the grid, so a silent 10 is sort of an "I can't tell you officially it might rain, but it might rain." It makes me laugh.

Have a great day, folks!

~Dewdrop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dew comment, please...